Rector’s measure regarding the operation and functioning of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague effective from 11 June 2021
Further to the Special Measure of the Ministry of Health dated 7 June 2021 and its amendment, the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague will operate as follows with effect from Friday, 11 June 2021:
The duty of using means of protecting airways (nose, mouth) such as a respiratory mask or a similar device (such as FFP2, KN 95, etc.) has to be observed during one’s stay at school (in the interior areas and in all other publicly accessible areas where at least two persons are present at a distance of less than two metres in the same place and at the same time, unless such persons are exclusively the members of one household).
This duty does not apply to:
- Students and academic workers during educational activities whose nature does not allow for wearing protective items (in particular singing, playing woodwind and brass instruments, and physical education);
- Students during instruction who are seated at desks or otherwise;
- Educational staff or academic workers when delivering instruction;
- Examiners and students being examined during examination, provided that all the persons maintain distances of at least two metres;
- Persons working at a workplace or during the time of other similar activities, during the period when they do the above in one place without the presence of any person other than their co-worker;
- Persons performing original works (e.g., theatre plays, dance, or musical performances), persons delivering lectures and persons performing as part of the creation and production of an audiovisual work or programme.
- Presence instruction of and practice is permitted for the students in all years of bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes/curricula. All students are allowed to stay at the Hradební Dormitory and in the Poněšice and Beroun university centres. The students accommodated in the facilities must undergo covid testing organised by the school every seven days regardless of whether or not they attend instruction in the specific week.
- Art (hands-on) instruction and practice is permitted without restrictions. Other instruction and examination is permitted without restrictions on the number of persons, provided that distances of at least 1.5 metres can be maintained between all the persons present.
- Admission tests are permitted without restrictions on the number of persons, provided that distances of at least 1.5 metres can be maintained between all the persons present.
- Visits to libraries and study rooms are permitted.
- Singing as a central part of study activities is permitted with the presence of a maximum of 30 students in the room, provided that other restrictions allow for the presence of so many students.
- Sports as part of education are permitted outdoors; sports are permitted indoors provided that a maximum of 30 persons are present in a group.
- Lifelong education courses are permitted provided that the maximum allowable number of participants present shall not exceed 50% of the total seating capacity while the total number of people present (including the performers, organisers, examiners, etc.) does not exceed 50 persons indoors or 100 persons if the event is being held exclusively outdoors; where hands-on teaching is not involved, every participant must be seated. Lifelong education participants are subject to the same requirements for testing as students; in addition, it is also possible to produce a valid PCR test result not older than 7 days.
Personal presence in instruction is subject to a negative covid antigen test result from a test taken at school, which is not older than seven days. The school organises the testing as follows:
- HAMU – Mondays and Thursdays
- FAMU – Mondays
- DAMU – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Studio FAMU – Wednesdays
All information about the testing, including the access to the reservation system, is available at www.amu.cz.
If a student tests at a different test point, they shall produce a certificate of a negative test result not older than 72 hours.
When on the premises of the school, everybody shall wash and sanitise their hands, and maintain social distance of at least 1.5 metres.
The exemption from the duty of testing applies to those who have suffered from covid-19 during the last 180 days (beginning with the first positive test result; this is to be demonstrated by a solemn declaration – the template is available for download HERE) as well as to those who have been vaccinated against covid-19; and
- at least 22 days have passed since the first vaccine dose was administered as part of a double dose vaccination scheme in accordance with the summary of product characteristics (“SPC”), but not more than 90 days if the second dose has not been administered;
- at least 22 days have passed since the first vaccine dose was administered as part of a double dose vaccination scheme in accordance with the SPC, but not more than 9 months if the second dose has been administered, or
- at least 14 days have passed since the first vaccine dose was administered as part of a single dose vaccination scheme in accordance with the SPC, but not more than 9 months;
(to be demonstrated by a vaccination certificate).
If a student’s antigen test yields a positive result, it is crucial to:
- Prevent further spread of the infection;
- Immediately self-isolate at home;
- Immediately notify the Department for Student Affairs of the Faculty;
- Contact the general practitioner by telephone;
- Undergo a mandatory confirmation PCR test.
Detailed information regarding the operation of the individual Faculties is available on their respective websites.
This measure abolishes the preceding measure in effect from 1 June 2021.
PhDr. Ingeborg Radok Žádná m.p.
11. June 2021